Two of the most recognized “women warriors” in law enforcement have teamed up through Dave Smith & Associates to bring an expanded and exciting day of training and inspiration to the police profession. Sergeants Betsy Smith and Nancy Dowdy will lead students through eight hours of intensive, interactive training that will inspire, inform, and provide attendees with information they can use immediately to improve and enhance both their professional and personal lives.
- How to have a “Not Today” mindset, on every call, on every shift
- Why “survival” is minimalistic and we must train to WIN!
- Embracing your role & responsibility in your own tactics, training, safety and career
- How to reignite your passion for this profession
- To properly manage a critical incident physically and emotionally
- What “Guardianship” really means for you and your career
- How to embrace warrior ethos regardless of your career path
- To leave behind the “victim-based” mentality and take control of your own future
- Secrets to real fitness for real women
- Recognizing and utilizing the differences between male and female personnel
- Effective, realistic communication and leadership skills
- How to trust and enhance your natural intuition
- To “lead, mentor, and inspire” others regardless of your assignment or tenure
- How to increase your awareness and overcome the effects of “routine”
- What it takes to become truly resilient
- How to utilize “gender intelligence” to improve all aspects of your life
This program is unlike any training course available on the market today and is the culmination of over twenty years of research and experience brought to you by the veteran trainer who developed the original “Street Survival for Women.” Constantly updated, this course encourages women to look beyond the anecdotal, “that’s-the-way-we’ve-always-done-it” world of policing and utilize science, physiology and proven methods that will help them improve their career, their safety and their outlook.
“The Winning Mind” philosophy of ‘teaching by storytelling’ cites inspirational examples of courageous men and women, including Sgt. Dowdy’s personal story of resiliency and survival. The atmosphere created in the classroom encourages students to network and gain strength and inspiration from each other, making this session a powerful day for everyone. This class will inspire, motivate, and encourage women not just to survive, but to WIN!
(630) 399 1645